Skip to main content

Is blood cheaper?

Part A:


"You know, I am just a fone call away",he smiled and dashed the door on my face.
I heard the gunning sound of engine after a while which indicated he left for office.

We married last month and from strangers (thanks to arrange marriage set up), we
journeyed together upto here when I don't wana see him away.

This was nothing new to me, it has become a routine work to wait for him entire day,
so i got busy in my mundane work.......a house wifes' work.

"Trin Trin'" my phone in the living room rang. I rushed to the fone as i thought it would
be Mummy as she has become fav past time for me in this city of strangers.
"Hello......hellow.......who is this, hellow? i stiffened my voice tone a bit.

'Hey wify, its me', this followed with a short giggle. "i was just checking how you react".
I was passing by and thought of filling up petrol so i stopped at bunk and decided to
disturb my busy wife a little.

You know, i never like you leaving me behind and specially today when there is a
call for Bharat Bandh by political parties for goddamn reason.

"Ohh come'on, we have to share next 50 years together so no worries, I'm not going to
leave you love. So don't worry about me at all, i am alright and i'll be".

Anyways i'm coming home early today so just get ready by 6 as i have special surprise for you....
"I know, its month end so you cant give me surprise, u'll be late again" I frowned....
Hey Hold on......"Anna, petrol...yes yes petrol.........1000 rupees anna!!!

"Ok Sar, watch meter sar.....but today is India Closed, then where going- bunk men asked."
"Anna, no close for us, my company never closes in such things so have to go."

"But Sar, please don't go to the old city area today because there are chances of violence."

"Oh thanks Anna, but don't worry nothing will happen, its all fine, it happens every now & then."

"hey atleast talk to me........i screamed"
"hey, i'm getting late so can't talk now,
but you know na, I'm just a fone call away..........
I could hear only this much and he ended the call.

and time passed..............

"Its has been almost 15 years then and still i'm waiting for him to come back."

He just left me all of a sudden...........that evening I got a call a phone call from Police station,
that they have found a car in vandalized condition with blood spill all around and a mobile phone on the
floor. Probably, he was confronted by Bandh supporters and all this grew into this mishap.

I have still kept the mobile and it has an unsent message....
"I love you, 'll be back"

I'm waiting with hope of him coming back but what frustrates me is that instead of him coming, this Bharat Bandh comes often..........pinching and taking me back to that horrifying moment.

31st May 2027
Parmeet kaur
W/o Satbir Singh Monga
*********************************************************************************
Part B: My stand :


Tomorrow is yet another Bharat Bandh, nothing has changed so far, reasons may be different but there is one or another family which suffers the brunt of such bandh.

Many die as they don't reach hospital because of roadblocks.
Many miss their interview because the transport is at halt.
Many suffer due to different reasons but
one thing is guaranteed 'COMMON MEN SUFFER'




I know nothing will change in future, they will vandalize, loot, damage and even kill but all for what?
some political reason. Just to assuage their political masters that they created ruckus in their area and paralyzed the life of public and the administration was hapless in front of them.

They say, Bharat Bandh creates pressure over government, but what about the sufferings to common public.
what about the deaths, direct or indirect murders...........what you call that...."Collateral Damage"?

********************************************************************************

Purpose of this write up is not to demean the importance of protest or depicting the negative aspect of Bharat Bandh or any hartaal for that matter.

But my purpose is plain and simple, if its all about giving voice to public sufferrings then why can't our political figures find a way which can decrease suffering of the common man?

I wish, some political figure organise a a bharat bandh and use the grounds in city area to hold the procession and keep themselves away from road, transport, business areas.

If they can do so, Bharat Bandh will yield its desired result else suffering will go on!!!!!

Hope Common sense prevails one day..................for the sake of common man!!!


*********************************************************************************
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMep83e1Klg

(Inspired from a real incident occured in Bangladesh where a man was torched by political protestors amidst Hartal. Characters are imaginery and write up bears no insult to any community.)













Comments

Popular posts from this blog

‘Rainbow"

its a story in the backdrop of recent Mumbai blast at 6:53 pm in dadar, where a person dies.this is the last page of his life....... 7:30 am A lazy morning in Mumbai, sunlight is filtering through the curtains and on the bed, I am lazily thinking about priorities of my day. I have office at 9, meet with international clients at 11, prepare for tomorrows presentation till 4, then have meeting with boss at 6, hummff that’s it for the day!!! No, no I forgot one thing I have to go to car machanic for wheel alignment as well but before 7 pm at any cost. Well, after getting all the days business set in my mind, I dug my face again in the pillow and fell asleep only when a screaming sound made entry over my ear drums “aaj to Bandar-Bandariya ki shaadi ho rahi hai”(today monkey couple are marrying eachother)…..it was my little kido “Saniya” whom we all call Sana. She jumped over my belly and said,”papa, dekho na bahar kitna acha lag raha hai, barish aur dhoop sath sath”. I grazed out of

AN INDIAN'S CRY.............

An Indians’ CRY….... Marathi Manoooooos……………whats that??? I acknowledge only one manoooos…………..the common man! The common man ---R.K.LAXMAN’S COMMON MAN! Indian middle class who is always sandwiched between the rocky roughness of corruption and politics. Once again this has happening in Maharashtra. I don’t understand few things what Mr. SWAR _Raj wants to convey as Marathi pride……… 1) Where was Raj, when there were thousands of MARATHI MANOOS committing suicide in Vidarbha and Marathwada.? ( still suicides are prevalent) 2) Where was Raj, when terrorists rocked Mumbai in December last year? ( in his safe house) 3) Where was Raj, when there were 1993 riots? ( Was he a child that time, a spoon fed baby) These three questions are like triangle problem to me whose angles are so obtuse that it is difficult to figure out the area of the triangle. I don’t understand, what they gonna provide to Marathi common man? 1) an identity of ruckus? 2) an identity of mindless g

Be Moral : make a new beginning!!!

“At the cash counter of civil hospital in the city of Lucknow, there was a spat going on. A young boy, (roughly around 16-17yrs old, clad in untidy clothes, unshaved and with wet eyes) was having a heated debate with the counter man, who on the opposite side of the window, was throwing typical hot-words. Nobody around were looking interested in the debate, but were firmly enjoying the drama with loads of enthusiasm. I was moving towards parking after meeting my relative who was admitted over there, but looks of the boy compelled me to get into the spat. I went to the counter & asked the boy ,”what happened, bhai”? He glanced & tried to figure out whether I am related to the hospital or not, when he failed to assess, he replied, “I need the final bills to get cleared but the counter man says to come after 3 pm”. I looked at my watch, it was 11:45 am, as is apparent, Govt. employees work only post lunch, in the similar fashion, a time of 3:30pm was wisely advised. Then I sug